|Event Name||:||Surat Night Marathon|
|Event Type||:||Night Marathon|
|Event Date||:||18th April 2015|
|Event Start Time||:||5 pm onwards|
|Event Venue||:||VIP Road, Surat|
|About Organizer||:||The Surat Night Half Marathon is being organized by the "Surat Marathon" a section 25 company. This company has been formed with the support of prominent citizens of Surat for the sole purpose of raising funds for charity through the event "Surat Night Marathon"|
The Surat Night Marathon, like any other Marathon event in the world is all about raising funds for various causes close to the heart of the citizenry of Surat. On race day the City will come together and celebrate the spirit of Surat. The Surat Night Marathon is scheduled for Saturday, the 18th of April 2015 .
The Directors of the company are :
- Mr. Kailash Jain
- Mr. Lavjibhai Badshah
- Mr. Parbatbhai Kakadia
- Mr. Mukesh Desai
- Mr. Narayan Agrawal
- Mr. Denny Nirban
The Committee members are :
- Mr. Govindbhai Dholakia
- Mr. Savjibhai Dholakia
- Mr. Sevantibhai Shah
- Mr. Laljibhai Patel
- Mr. Ashok Kanunga
- Mr. Manhar Kakadia
- Mr. Pramod Chaudhary
- Mr. J.P. Agarwal
- Mr. Girish Luthra
- Mr. Chirag Shah
- Mr. Arvindbhai Tejani
- Mr. Mukesh Patel (Happy Home)
Section 25 companies are those companies which are formed for the sole purpose of promoting commerce, art, science, religion, charity or any other useful object and have been granted a licence by the central government recognizing them as such. Thus, there are three criteria for determining whether a particular company is section 25 company or not:
- Its objects should be only to promote commerce, art, science, religion, charity or any other useful object
- It should intend to apply its profits or other incomes only in promoting its objects; and
- The Central government should have granted a license to such a company recognizing them as such, these types of companies can be either public company or private company having a limited liability.
The workings and efforts of the company are further governed and supervised by a committee formed by prominent members of Surat society
Surat Night Marathon
VIP Road, Surat
- Warm up properly and make sure you stretch a lot.
- Wear appropriate gear and keep it clean and in good order.
- Keep more than one pair of shoes on the go at a time.
- Keep a record of your training and diet.
- Check with your doctor before you start training if you're overweight or you've been unwell
- Bolt out of the door and sprint down the road without warming up.
- Wear old worn shoes or brand new shoes, this will cause injury.
- Run only on roads; get on the grass whenever you can.
- Eat too much fatty food or drink a lot of alcohol.
- Train if you're ill or injured, it will make things worse.
- Run directly after a meal, it will cause indigestion.
Terms & Conditions
- Marathon: You should be 18 Years of Age on the 18th of April 2015
- Half Marathon: You should be 18 Years of Age on the 18th of April 2015
- 10k Race: You should be 18 Years of Age on the 18th of April 2015
- Surti Lala Masti Run: You should be 12 Years of Age on the 18th of April 2015
- Themed Costume Run: You should be 12 Years of Age on the 18th of April 2015
- Spirit of Surat Run: You should be 12 Years of Age on the 18th of April 2015
- Senior Citizens Run: You should be 60 Years of Age on the 18th of April 2015
- Corporate Relay: Bona fide employees of corporate entities based in Surat